23 May 2010

Responding to lack of motivaton.

I've started my new job/ work contract and its made 'normal life' very busy. The excitment of getting my head into this new challenge, combined with lots of travel every week has made me a little distracted from The Improbable Dream lately.

And yes, I admit- a little demotivated as well.

But not for long! After three consecutive days of NO training this week (for lots of different reason) I woke up very early in my motel room in Roma Western Queensland Saturday morning (yesterday) absolutely disgusted with my attitude and laziness.

So I went for a pre-dawn run around the street and back lanes. In the cold, in the dark, watched by inquisitive kangaoos sitting in the middle of the roads, and uncaring cows looking at me with big round eyes. It felt good to get the blood flowing! And I was sure the wild life was urging me on and sharing my delight at simple pleasure of 'running into the day'. (There's nothing quite like a sunrise run ot get the day off to a great start.)

Later I flew back to Brisbane and did a good solid weight session in the gym in the late afternoon. A much better day than the previous few.

Two good training sessions yesterday, a hard 40 minutes on the spin bike this morning and a planned Gym Tri this afternooon will get me back into the groove. I feel like I've reconnected with my dream- and it feels good.

I'm also committed to not forgetting about this blog so I will update this log, and my training diary either tonight or tomorrow night. Guaranteed it will be done by the time I go to sleep on Monday!

I'm travelling again this week (4 days in Sydney for a conferenece) but I am determined to get good training sessions in, to keep this my dream foremost in my mind, and to keep my blog up to date.

So, as always (but this time it will be in the not tooo distant future)..... More later, and...

Journey on!

James


Word Count - unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment