26 September 2010

Getting there.....



Only three weekends to 'Around the Bay in a Day' so my training and thinking is lazer-focused on the requirements of bike riding- getting fitter and faster, going longer and getting leaner.

After a good week of mainly twice-a-day exercise sessions - including a massive weight session on Friday morning that left me a shattered mess! - this weekend has been all bike riding.

It rained yesterday so I did two very hard 60 minute spin sessions on the indoor bike. Cranked out a pleasing and challenging 60kms over the two hours with a lowish average heart rate of 126.

Today I did an easy 100km early morning ride over the usual rolling hill course for an OK average of 23.3kph. Didn't kill myself, just enjoyed a long-ish ride. Finished it off by acting like a 'real' bike rider, and had a 'life saving' coffee at a coffee shop on the coast. (see photo- my favorite 'local'... Moreton Bay and Stradbroke Island in the background )

As I write this, my legs are sore but I feel fine. I think I'll should be right for the big ride, although I am nervous.

More later, journey on....

James



Word count - 192

No comments:

Post a Comment