25 July 2010

A Head Full of Snot

I feel terrible today and it's making me anxious. Actually its p#issing me off! I want to go hard but my body is insisting I rest. Dont you hate that!!!

I spent a large part of this week in Goondiwindi and Toowoomba, and as usual when I visit my the old stomping ground of the Darling Downs - especially during ploughing and sowing time - I end up with a head full of sinus. And it makes me feel like crap. Worse - I get anxious because I cant exercise. I dont have time to be sick. Coming soon I've got the Bridge to Brisbane 10km fast run and the Around the Bay in a Day 210km Bike Ride. There's no time to waste.

Since arriving home I've tried to clear my head by exercising hard. I figured the best thing to do was to try to blast it out of my head with some hard aerobics. Over two days I ran a fast-ish 5ks, did a hard 30min spin on a stationary bike, and then fast-hiked up Mt Coot-tha to the lookout.

Instead of fixing it I seem to have made it worse. It feels strange- my body is fresh and ready to go but my head is cloggy, achey and I'm quite dopey. I hate having sinus... and I should know 'cause I've had it regularly throughout my whole life.

There's no choice - take the day off, take some anti-histamines and stop whinging. And get ready to go hard from tomorrow. It's time to be positive - I will regard today as a rest day in my personal 'Improbable' journey. And try to enjoy it.

So where are the tissues. And the TV Remote! :-)

More later, journey on.....
James



Word Count - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment