06 November 2010

Back in the Saddle

The  'Brisbane to the Gold Coast' Bike Ride is on tomorrow morning. Originally scheduled for the weekend before Around the Bay, it was postponed due to terrible weather. (see my blog http://improbabledream.blogspot.com/2010/10/countdown-to-melbournes-210km-bike-ride.html )

Now re-scheduled for tomorrow, it will be only the second time I've been on a bike since The Bay. Hmmm could be a problem! When I got back from Melbourne I rested for a couple of days then started run training in preperation for the Mousdash 10km Fun Run up Mt Coot-tha next Sunday. I've been training reasonably hard with quite a few interval sessions, a few long runs (including one run up Mt Coot-tha last Sunday and a run up Anzac Hill in Alice Springs yesterday) so my overall fitness should be OK but I must be seriously short of cycle fitness.

Only one thing to do. No point in worrying or regretting , I'll  just go for a cruisy cycle down the south Queensland coast and enjoy the experience of a beautiful Sunday morning with lots of like-minded fellow madmen and women. If I feel strong, I'll have a crack and if not, I'll take it easy.

I've done this ride before and I know the ride is well organised and the scenery sensational. The vibe from the other riders is good, there's always a nice feeling of fellowship and community in the air and it seems everyone is determined to get into what is a very special ride.

I'm going to do the same.

 At the moment, the weather is 'brilliant queensland spring sunshine' and everything points to a great day- good weather, scenery, organisation, company and most of all, a good attitude from me.

Actually, I think I'll go the whole hog - I will make the ride a 'smile every mile' day..... I'll 'Live Life, Laugh, Be Happy', I'll connect with others and  most of all, I'll enjoy the journey. Another day, another great experience in my journey to achieve The Improbable Dream.

Gonna be a heap of fun! Cant wait...

More late, journey on

James




Word Count - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment