22 June 2010

13 days to go...

Just under two weeks to go to my first half-marathon. I'm in heavy training, working hard, I'm having a blast and I dont really know what I'm doing. What a combination.

I'm trying to 'peak' this week and then 'taper' next week. All sounded straight forward when I read it in the textbooks but now that I'm doing it I really dont know if I'm doing it right. I guess I'll find out in two weeks.

This 'experiential learning' is why I call this um, er, whatever it is, a 'journey' - I really dont know what will happen, and what it will mean. I make plans based on what I've read, I give it a go on a day-by-day/ event-by-event basis, I find out what happens and then I learn. Just like any other journey.

And I've got to say - I'm loving it. I enjoy the planning and the goal setting, I enjoy the activities, and I enjoy the way the leanings pop in to my mind, the way I learn by doing and by reflecting. Experiential learning at its best!

The lessons are ahead of me. For now, its about getting as much training in as possible before slowing down to ensure my legs are fresh for the challenge.

More later, journey on....
James

No comments:

Post a Comment