14 June 2010

Which way to go?

After a good week of hard and honest daily training and a long 10 hour drive on country roads in the last two days, I felt tired and fuzzy on Saturday morning. But I was scheduled to complete a trial, self-directed pretend '1/2 marathon' in preperation of the Gold Coast event in three weeks...... so I had no choice - I hit the road.

I finished in 2hrs 40mins which is longer than my target time, and dissappointedly I struggled to run very far (I ened up fast walking most of the way), my legs were heavy, my lungs crappy, and my mind soft. It was a hard 160 minutes.

And very dissappointing. I had hoped to be much stronger at this stage of my preperation. I assumed I would be a 'runner' by now, that I would be a well trained, awesome-type distance athlete.

So I've been down on myself - sad and dissappointed mainly, although also concerned I'm making a fool of myself.

I guess all I can do is put my head down, work hard and see what happens.

Not happy though.

More later, journey on.....

James

No comments:

Post a Comment