23 June 2010

Just do it!

Great workout tonight. I was scheduled to complete a fast bike ride but it was raining heavily and I got back from Carindale late so I changed my plan and went to the gym instead.

The spin bike was busy which was kind of good because it meant I could hit my favourite - the treadmill. Cranked it up to a fast walk 8.2kph with a 3 degree incline and went hard for 60 minutes.

What a feeling. I remember, just a few months ago, when I couldn't do more than 7.2kph on a flat treadmill for 40 minutes max. In just a short time I've been able to make HUGE improvements.

So when it comes to thinking about the 1/2 Marathon, there's no point in sweating over whether I am ready or not. I just need to enjoy the fact I have improved a lot over the last few months, I should trust my training and all the hours I've put in, and then I should just enjoy the event and the challenge.

As Shirl (and some-one else) says - "Just do it!"

More later, journey on.....
James



Word Count - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment