25 April 2010

Travelling and Fuelling

Written Monday 13th April 2010

It's hard to travel and maintain a fitness regime. In particular, its hard to eat well, or should I say, its hard for me to stay disciplined to my food plan.

I'm at the minesite for a week, and it is not a problem to eat well here. The food is abundant, fresh, healthy and designed to give the miners a balanced healthy diet. The problem for me is I am weak, I eat way tooooo much!

Take yesterday, for example. Instead of my usual muesli, fruit, yoghurt (it was available) I opted for the baked beans, mushrooms, lightly fried egg and lean bacon. No starch, all fresh, well cooked etc etc but still, what happpened to my will power??? For lunch I made a fabulous tuna and garden salad. Good, all fresh. No problems.

Then dinner... a plate of roast lamb (lean)and roast veges. Succumbed to 2 roast potatoes (what willpower???) but the rest of the plate was all veges and meat- a good combination of complex carbs and protein.

The problem was the buffet- Instead of resisting, I kept going back for more. And more. I ate way too much and felt sick afterwards. Serves me right, eh!

And to finish off, I couldn't resist a sensational slice of pavlova smothered with fresh fruit so I could pretend it was 'good' for me. (That's what's meant by a balanced diet isn't it ????)

So I cant stay here long- the food's too good to resist, and I am disgustingly weak. Oh well, seeing as I am here now,maybe just one more slice of that lamb????

More later, journey on.....
James




Word Count - 264

No comments:

Post a Comment