18 February 2010

The Cross Trainer rocks!

Written 11 Jan 2010

My plan today was to hit the treadmill for interval runs. The 4pm timeslot I chose was dumb 'cause all the machines were in use so rather than give up I decided to see what I could do on the X-trainer. Turns out this is a great machine - this little baby will really help me build my fitness.

The good thing is it vaguely resembles the position of standing up on the bike and so it works the quads hard, and the glutes etc. Best of all..... does it work the lungs!!!

I think I will use it to build my aerobic endurance for hills - both in technique (dont grip the bars, pushdown with the heal, weight over the crank etc) and with general endurance fitness/ lactate levels.

So decision time!! I will build this machine into my weekly training during my base phase- I'll work at quickly increasing the resistance level, go as long as possible, try for high cadence and increasing power. Basically, just keep builiding a strong base on this machine, and from this machine.

Today I did 20minutes at Level 6, 51rpm, 1.66kms, 149 cals and my heart rate was in the 130-150 zone. I'm sure this will improve quickly

Journey on.....

Word count - 209

No comments:

Post a Comment