18 February 2010

A good recovery

Written 16th January 2010

Felt surprisingly good after my big hike (see previous post) although as the day wore on I was suprised to realise I really was quite tired - not muscle tired so much, more 'body tired'. I felt 'knackered' (a fabuloulsy technical term!)

However in the morning, despite a little bit of soreness,my motivation was high so to keep my training going and to loosen my legs I fast-walked the four short hills near my place and finished with a 5 minute jog home.

It was amazing. I bounded up the hills with lots of energy and oxygen, and felt fantastic. The run home was really strong too - Felt like i could have run for miles.

Then wham - I felt buggered for the rest of the day. Still, I am really pleased with how well I pulled up, and how motivated I am. Life is good! I feel happy!
:-)

Journey on....

Word count - 143

No comments:

Post a Comment