04 March 2010

Managing food and exercise at work

Written 2nd February 2010

Damn, a tougher day today after such a good start yesterday.

I now realise I must plan my food intake for the whole day, otherwise I end up eating crap. I work as a Corporate Trainer so there's lots of food provided on each work day; food like scones, jam and cream, fresh-made biscuits,sausage rolls etc etc. All the stuff my sweet tooth LOVES to eat.

I need to plan every food break, especially morning tea which is when I got the most hungry, and therefore tempted. I think the best thing to do is to take nuts and seeds to work, or maybe peanut butter sandwiches. Basically good stuff that's easy to eat and is as appealling as the yummy stuff at work.

I didn't do the hills this morning (as planned)because I was tired after yesterday's first day back. I was worried about falling asleep at work. It seems it will take some time to work out how to balance work, exercise and diet.

A tough day but lots of learning.

More later, journey on....
James



Word Count - 181

No comments:

Post a Comment