02 March 2010

A wannabe Endurance Athlete....

Written 25th January 2010

Today’s stats on bike riding – 55.52mins, 24.13kms, 25.9kph.

Thanks to my current work situation, I have regular days off during the week for the next couple of months so I’m very lucky – I get to live the life of a pro athlete for a bit longer. haha. Kind of true I guess.... really its just the way you look at it. :-)

One things for sure - At the moment I have the opportunity to exercise twice a day, relax and recuperate in between training sessions and spend the balance of the day learning how to fuel my body correctly. I am immensely thankful for this rare opportunity to build a solide base level of fitness without having to fit it in between heavy work commitments. I'm going to make sure I use this time wisely.

Today was a good day- A really fast bike session as part of a brick session then in the afternoon, a hard and honest weight session. A good food day too. How good do I feel!!!!

Today's results build on the hard work of the last few days so the plan seems to be coming togather - From what I can see from the stats and with how I feel it seems I am really am getting fitter and stronger, if ever so slowly. Still a long way to go but getting better.

Best of all, its nice to know I am using my time as a ‘pro-athlete’ wisely and effectively

More later, journey on....

James



Word Count - 193

No comments:

Post a Comment