02 March 2010

When it comes to weight sessions, ‘just do it’.

Written 21st January 2010

First weight session for ages today, mainly due to a sore back last week. This is not good enough. At my age I need to be constantly strengthening my core and my other muscles to minimise the risk of injury and to provide a good physical base for achieving my goals. I also need to tighten everything up so it looks better, and doesn’t sag quite so much.

So I have to find a strategy to overcome my soft mind when it comes to weight sessions. Here’s what I will do.....

Every time I have a weight session scheduled, I will complete at least one full circuit, and I wont worry about the heaviness of the weights ..... that will be my only commitment to myself. I will physically go through the motions even if I don’t do anything hard or worthwhile, light weights are OK if I don’t feel like pushing myself.

This is not a great solution, but the mere effort of going to the gym and doing some weights will be enough to get me started. The fact I will allow a soft effort will eliminate whatever excuses my mind can devise for me to not go in the first place. It will become a habit and from there, I can start doing some good work on the weights.

So there you have it- no more excuses! Time to do some weights.

More later, journey on...

James





Word Count - 258

No comments:

Post a Comment