14 March 2010

Motivation brings success

Written 16th February 2010

Today’s Exercise notes - Great two hour non-stop steady treadmill. Completed the time with a total distance of 15kms for an average of 7.5kph. This is pretty much the minimum average kph for the 1/2 marathon so a pleasing result with room for immediate improvement.

A very enjoyable journey today. I love this challenge!

I woke up realising I had a time trial ahead of me; how far can I ‘walk’ in two hours on a treadmill. My plan was to set a high average pace and do my best to maintain that pace over 120 minutes.

I was excited about this..... and then it got even better! Over a great breakfast of muesli, seeds and yoghurt I watched some You Tubes of endurance races in the UK. By the time I got to the gym I was visualising myself completing them, and I was ready for anything. Endurance James was ready to cut loose.

It worked. During the two hours on the treadmill I visualised various mountain courses, and this helped me to power through the hard parts.The distance covered is my best 'fast walking' distance so far.

It worked so well it’s now a tactic I might employ often; from what I can see, there are lots of videos on You Tube to watch over brekkie. Hopefully I will find them equally motivating. I have a lot of improvement required in my running and cycling so any help will be most welcome, especially in my motivation during the coming cold winter months.

Anyway it was great fun ‘seeing’ myself powering up and down the mountains of Europe and then it was fun enjoying the results of the workout. I feel confident my times and distances will improve quickly so overall, a most enjoyable journey today.

More later, journey on...
James




Word Count - 283

No comments:

Post a Comment